Inga Haugen Information Resume in PDF format
email@example.com ~ (612) 275-7231 ~ 2911 Montbelle Dr Knoxville TN 37918
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
- Academic Library experience. Ex: University of Tennessee-Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library, Wilson Library-University of Minnesota, Livingston Lord Library-Minnesota State University Moorhead.
- Update and maintain government documents and catalog records in FDLP compliant manner. Ex: In a 2 month internship at Pendergrass, I updated 300+ records that lacked SuDoc numbers
- Data curation training for data management life cycle as a SciData Scholar in the SciData program in addition to coursework. Ex: 2 DMP’s created for real life scenarios, a climate data collection and a working dairy farm.
- Multimedia curation and use, Web 2.0, microfiche, film and cards, print, digital Ex: creating an e-portfolio Farm Girl at Large
- Interlibrary loan experience Ex: I supervised 16+student workers in answering 300+ requests per day in digital and analog formats.
- Expert research services to faculty at UTIA. Ex: Created taxonomy for Ag Policy Analysis Center database; advised information management for Knoxville Foodshed Assessment
- SLA President UTK student chapter 2012-2013; Ex: Led meetings for distance and on-campus students simultaneously, soliciting participation and activities for both groups, and delivering requested content.
- Led and participated computer and telecommunications distance learning, teaching, meetings.
- Constructed and maintained multiple websites and social media efforts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, service orientation.
- Direct marketed meat and mushrooms; created comprehensive marketing plan for same.
- Created and maintained budget for $500,000 annual budget; funded grant writer.
- 15 years in agriculture as a worker, farmer, and small business owner
- Grazing manager and integrated sustainable multispecies farming manager
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN May 2014
MS in Information Sciences. Member of SciData. Interest areas: agriculture and policy
Minnesota State University Moorhead Aug 2004
BA in English. Emphasis: Norwegian, spoken and written proficiency
DataONE, Knoxville, TN Aug 2014-Oct 2014
Contractor Usability testing and User Experience
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN June 2014-Aug 2014
Pendergrass Intern LibGuide refresh and creation, Adding SuDocs to GovDocs Project, Assist Weeding
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN Aug 2012-May 2014
Graduate Research Assistant Knoxville Foodshed Assessment; created taxonomy and database for Ag Policy Analysis Center
United States Department of State, Washington, DC Summer 2013
Intern Received an Innovation Award for a project that involved Foreign Service officers and civil service officers in multiple departments to deliver publications worldwide in digital formats.
Center for Rural Affairs, Lyons, NE Jan 2012-Aug 2012
Rural Organizing Intern Collaborate with staff involved with rural health care and farm bill work, including: presentations, editing, compilations of resources, create content for newsletter
Farm Girl At Large, Canton, MN 2008-2012
Farmer Owner/Operator Raise and direct market beef, pork, sheep, goats and chicken; manage logistics, timing, and finances
Springside Farm, Canton, MN 2008-2011
Daily Operations Manager Managed day-to-day operations of Springside Farm, a 120 head grazing cow-dairy, including youngstock
MINITEX, Minneapolis, MN 2006-2008
Library Assistant Supervised 16+student workers to retrieve and send out over 300 requests per day in digital and analog formats. Worked with SuDoc, LC, Dewey, and uncataloged material; microfiche, film, and cards; and all of the special collections
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS and POSTERS
Haugen, Inga. “Review of EPA MyEnvironment (http://www.epa.gov/myenvironment/).” Journal of Agricultural & Food Information 15.1 (2014): 75–77. Taylor and Francis+NEJM. Web. 14 Feb. 2014.
Hellwinkle, Chad; Jamey Menard, Brad Wilson, Jane Howell, Kelsey Parkman and Inga Haugen, Knoxville Regional Foodshed Assessment. www.knoxfood.org. 2014.
Haugen, Inga. Combating Zone Creep with Big Data. Poster session presented at: Emerging Priorities for Scientific & Agricultural Information.IAALD/2013 – International Association of Agricultural Information Specialists World Congress; 2013, July 21-24; Ithaca, NY.
American Library Association, 2014- present.
Center for Rural Affairs 2006- present.
International Association of Agriculture Information Specialists, 2012- present.
Land Stewardship Project, 1999-present.
Special Libraries Association, 2012-present.
US Agricultural Information Network, 2012-present.